- Combine errands into a single trip.
- Postpone unnecessary trips.
- Take the subway, bus or train instead of driving.
- Avoid letting your vehicle idle, such as at the drive-thru.
- Forward this message to family and friends.
- Avoid operating gas-powered gardening equipment such as lawn mowers. Wait for a day when air quality is better.
The New York State Department of Transportation has declared today an Air Quality Action Day in the downstate metro area due to forecasted high levels of ground-level ozone pollution in parts of the region (please visit the CleanAirNY.org for more information).
A reminder that the Village of Croton-on-Hudson and Westchester County have enacted Anti-Idling Laws to prohibit the idling of vehicles for more than three consecutive minutes. Every minute of idling wastes fuel and affects the air quality of our area. Croton Police Officers will be issuing warnings to any vehicles found to be in violation of the law. Please do your part and not let your vehicle idle!