Wednesday, May 31, 2023 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
Location: Croton-Harmon Train Station Parking Lot A (overflow lot located near 1 Croton Point Avenue)
Date: Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Time: 9:00 AM to Noon
Shredding personal documents serves a double purpose-- to recycle paper as well as protect sensitive information against identity theft. Westchester County is bringing the Mobile Shredder to Croton-on-Hudson on May 31st.
- Residents can bring up to 4 file-size (10”x12”x15”) boxes of confidential papers per household to Croton-on-Hudson from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. for shredding.
- Please remove all large binder clips and covers.
- Papers from businesses institutions or commercial enterprises are not acceptable and will be rejected as will any junk mail or newspapers.
- Hard covers – cardboard or plastic covers on items such as ledger books marble composition books and hard-cover books – cannot be shredded and will be turned away
- First come first served
- Service at the events works on a first-come-first-served basis as the Mobile Shredder unit can reach its maximum capacity before closing time.
- In extreme weather events may be canceled or terminated early.
For questions about recycling call (914) 813-5425 the Recycling Helpline. For more information about the mobile shredder, please visit the Westchester County Department of Environmental Protection Mobile Shredder page.