Village of Croton-on-Hudson E-Notice
For residents with debris from this week's storm, please see below for some reminders on yard waste pickup:
All yard waste must be placed in biodegradable leaf bags or open top garbage cans. Yard waste in plastic bags will not be collected. Yard waste put out with the garbage or mixed in with the garbage will not be collected. No more than ten bags or three open top garbage cans per pickup.
Yard waste will be collected on Wednesdays:
• On the 1st & 3rd Wednesday of the month yard waste will be collected from homes North of Route 129
• On the 2nd & 4th Wednesday of the month yard waste will be collected from homes South of Route 129
There will be NO YARD WASTE COLLECTION on the 5th Wednesday of the following months: May 30; August 29; October 31.
WHAT KIND OF YARD WASTE CAN BE PUT OUT FOR COLLECTION?
Raked up yard waste, small twigs, flowers, hedge trimmings may be placed in biodegradable yard waste bags. Small branches will be collected provided they meet the following criteria:
1) Cut into lengths not to exceed 4 feet;
2) Tied into bundles not exceeding 18” in diameter;
3) Not more than two bundles of small branches per collection.
Grass clippings should be left on the lawn.